Although people are all very similar, every individual is slightly different. While herbs work in the same way for most people, some individuals will react differently. Take coffee, for example, one person can drink 3 or 4 cups a day and sleep like a baby, while another has insomnia after half a cup.
- Some people find that Evening Cleanse takes a few days to help clean the bowel. That is normal.
- Others may find that the standard dose is too strong. In this case make the tea as directed and drink only half.
- Some will find that the tea doesn’t seem to work well for them. In this case, do not increase the dose. Consider taking it every night instead of every second night. Do not continue for more than 14 days; this is the instruction in all the herbal textbooks. If the tea still doesn’t help, they should try another approach, eg using fibre supplements.
- Several people have reported that the tea works for a few days then seems to stop working. This probably means that it has completed its function of stimulating the bowel to eliminate waste matter.
- If in doubt, please seek advice from your health practitioner.
While you are using Evening Cleanse, it is important to follow the instructions on the label. Senna is laxative and celery has diuretic properties. Both are great for an occasional short-term detox. However they can, if abused, cause problems. Senna is a herbal medicine not a food. We sell the tea in good faith that consumers will read the directions and follow them correctly.
With excessive doses and/or long-term use:
- The body can lose excessive amounts of the essential mineral potassium through the bowel and the urine. Potassium is needed for correct functioning of nerves, muscles, red blood cells and fluid balance, as well as many other functions.
- Excessive loss of water can lead to dehydration, fatigue, and dizziness. You should drink plenty of water while using Evening Cleanse.
- High doses of laxatives can cause griping, a painful cramping of the intestines, and diarrhoea.
- Long-term abuse of laxatives can weaken the muscles of the digestive tract so that the body becomes dependent on laxatives to move the bowel at all.
- This is why laxatives and diuretics should not be used long-term or in high dosage, especially in combination, unless under the supervision of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
- Several of our employees have used a course of Evening Cleanse 4 times per year and have not observed any problems. Our program of 1 dose every second day for 2 or 4 weeks is probably gentler than a herbal medicine textbook rule of a dose every day for 7 to 14 days.
If any of this side effects occur adjust the strength of the Evening Cleanse Tea or depending on the intensity desist from the tea altogether and contact [email protected] immediately.